Friday, December 3, 2010

Not what you were expecting......

Not what you expected?...Hmmm oh really, well what exactly were you expecting?...Does this ever happen to you?  You have been waiting for something and then once it arrives, it's not what you expected, you order a gift set online and once you get it, it's not what you expected, you lose 20 pounds and you don't feel as accomplished as you expected, you see a 4-star movie and it's not what you expected, you get that dream job and guess what...IT"S NOT WHAT YOU EXPECTED!  Life is rarely what we expect it to be, but we must keep expecting, but instead of just waiting for something to happen, to arrive, someone to call you back, why not try doing something, taking action and then you may find that what you were waiting for is still not what you were expecting......it's so much better! 

You see when you decide to change, to take control, to give God the reins and really determine within your mind that it starts with you, then all you have to do is make a move, then another one and another until you get exactly what you weren't expecting.... you get more.  This whole 40 day journey I have made up my mind to take, has changed me, and I don't just mean I lost 20 pounds and now I can fit into smaller sizes, I mean it started from the outside and has really changed me on the inside.  I have had such a clearer concept on what my life is and what I was meant to do, and you know what, when you show initiative like that and discipline yourself God will turn his gaze upon you and say "Now your getting it", but you have to do it, you have to do the leg work, you have to decide and then act.  

I have made more connections, more positive decisions more proactive steps in my life in the past 33 days then I ever thought I would.  It is truly amazing how you can change your whole outlook, your whole thought-pattern with just one decision, it's the same decision you made when you decided to do all the good things in your life and it is the same type of decision that will see you through till the end.  

There is no way I am going to sit here and tell you that it was easy, in fact most of the time my weakness and give-in was so strong that I could barely sleep at night, I would toss and turn thinking that this must be the stupidest thing I could have committed myself too, 40 days was way too long and no one really would care if I failed or accomplished this or not. WELL I am here to tell you that right there, right when I was at my lowest point, when I was ready to give up and run to the fridge and eat a stick of frozen cookie dough, I DID'T, and you know why....my will was stronger.  

The human will is the strongest thing God could have given you, the will to live, the will to not give up, the will to win, the will to be everything you were meant to be and everything bigger that what you expected.  You can not succeed in this life if you are not willing to try, and I encourage you all to try and you will absolutely be surprised at the things you will accomplish, that is a promise.  I bid you all a farewell and a happy weekend and remember there is no end to what you can do, you just need to do it. 

Warm Regards,
Candace

"Betty Spaghetti"

Spaghetti squash baked, then take a fork and scrape out the middle and it will look like spaghetti noodles
ground beef or ground turkey/chicken
Italian seasonings
low sugar spaghetti sauce
mushrooms, chopped
onion, chopped

After baking the squash for about 30 minutes and then scrapping to the form of noodles, place noodles on a plate and then cook beef and add sauce and seasonings and vegetables, cook till done and top noodles with sauce and enjoy :D



1 comment: