Friday, December 10, 2010

The End of the Beginning.....

Well, well, well.......I AM FINISHED!   Yes it is now almost midnight and that means I have just about completed my forty days!  This has been a challenging and rewarding journey and I cannot tell you how much I have learned about myself.

I honestly cannot believe that I made it till the end, when I first started the end seemed so far insight that there is no possible way I could have finished it, but I am very happy to say that I did!  twenty pounds down and still going!  Just because I have finished this leg of my journey does not mean that I will not be continuing the bettering of myself, because I will and I must!

After the New Year I and a few others will be starting 12 weeks of the Body for Life program, Now that I have lost the weight I am going to continue to keep my body in the best shape of my life.  There is no reason to not try to better yourself constantly.

Tonight is very bitter-sweet, it is hard to explain but let me try.... it is sweet because I have accomplished what I set out to do and I have started to mold myself into the person I have always wanted to become, on the other hand it is very bitter, bitter because it is a sad thing to think that what I set out to accomplish is over, I did it, which is great and feels so good, but this has become a part of my life over the past forty days, it has become my accountability, the way that I have expressed myself, the way that I have grown, my thoughts, my struggles, my insights over the past forty days and to say goodbye to this chapter in my life is sad because it has truly meant so much.

But I must open a new chapter in my life and I have a lot of unfinished dreams, not-yet-reached desires and awaiting goals to achieve.  Now achieving this I honestly feel like I can do anything, like my possibilities are my aspirations.  I will still be blogging, just not everyday, and I will be writing about my continued journey and also my 12 week Body for Life goal I have chosen to accomplish.

I am so thankful for all of you readers that have allowed me to take you on this journey with me.  I have learned so many things about myself and what things you can accomplish if you just put your mind to it. God teaches us things when we take the initiative to start something, if you are on a downward slope and not sure what to do to get out of your situation or how to change things, JUST DO SOMETHING!  Even if it turns out to be the wrong something at least you took the first steps and if it isn't right you will find out sure enough, but can I give you one more word of advice..go in the direction of your passions, your desires, your goals, your dreams all the things you wanted to do and were created to do are just waiting for you all you have to do it reach for them.

Some of the most successful people in this world are not successful because they did what made them the most money or what people in their life told them they "should" be doing or who they "should" be, No, they are successful because they followed their passions, they took the desires of their hearts and made them a reality.  It was not easy, it was not always fun, in fact 90% of the time it will be going through Hell, but if I have learned anything in these past forty days, it is you have to go through Hell and bring the enemy to his knees so you can tell him this, "There is no way I am letting you have control over my destiny and if you think I am afraid to take the risk of following my dreams, you are right, but I am still going to do it!"

I hope you all have learned things in your own life by reading this, but if you have learned anything I hope that it is you can accomplish ANYTHING you put your mind to all you have to do is do it.  There is nothing to great, no one circumstance that you cannot overcome, you just have to decide who you want to be...do you want to be the person you can barely look at in the mirror or do you want to be the the person you knew you always were.  I will choose to be the person that God made me to be, not the person the enemy tells me I am.  I am truly going to miss this road I've gone down, but it is time for me to say goodbye and please stay tuned for my next blogs for the next journey in my life and yours, it has truly been a pleasure.  I will bid you all a farewell till the next time!

Warm Regards,
Candace

Sun-dried tomato Roll-ups

Sun-dried tomato tortillas
Cream cheese
dash of garlic powder, dill, sea salt and pepper
Deli Turkey, shredded

Mix cream cheese and spices and spread overtop of the tortillas, scatter turkey on top of tortillas, roll the tortillas and then cut into 1 inch rolls, enjoy : D

No comments:

Post a Comment