Sunday, April 3, 2011

Goodbye Poor-American Diet, Hello Health!

So you know when you say your going to do something and then you say it again and then like 4 years pass by and you still have yet to do anything?..... This has been me, for the past 4 1/2 years I have been reading and researching and wanting to give up ALL processed food and just see how much better I feel.

I have read and read and read as many magazine articles, online web-sites and blog postings as one could and it has just come to the point that if I don't do this now I will never do it and I don't want to spend the rest of my life saying I want to do something and never actually accomplishing it.  So for the next 30 days I will be giving up ALL processed food, I will be consuming an array of fresh vegetables, juicy fruit, fresh beans, rice and nuts.  

Some say this cannot be done, that our poor-american diets are to hard to break and even if we attempt to do so then how will we ever be able to go out to eat, have dinner at a friend's house or go on vacation...but surprisingly enough there are a lot of restaurants that cater to this life style, as for the friend's house you can bring your own dish and make enough to share and for vacation you can cook your own food depending on where you stay or you can find a local health restaurant that caters to your needs.  Yes it is less convenient and not as many choices and sad to say you have to give up those double-stuff oreos and coke, but imagine all the benefits this one change can make you......

....You will look better, your skin will glow, you hair and nails will grow, your sure to lose some LBS and there is no limit to how much energy you will have.  When I think about all the harsh chemicals I am consuming on a daily basis and how harmful they are to my body, it's no wonder we have so many health ailments, weight-issues and an all-around-haggard look.  We are slowly, but surly killing our bodies and I would like to be able to still be coherent and kickin' when I am 70 years old, not frail and asking my future children to spoon feed me my dinner.

I will be posting for the next 30 days so that you can all know how my little journey is going and if you care to join me in bettering your health then I hope I can help along the way!  I bid you all a farewell till tomorrow!

Warm Regards,
Candace

Vegetable Kabosh Stew
Organic Low Sodium Vegetable Broth
Filtered H2O
Cabbage
Carrots
Mushrooms
Celery
Onions
Tomatoes
Black, Pinto, White Beans
Fresh Basil, Chopped
Fresh Bay Leaves
Chopped Garlic

Cut all vegetables and put in crock pot on low heat with enough broth and H2O to cover the vegetables, also add any salt free, sugar free spices that you like along with the fresh basil, garlic and bay leaves, let stew all day, it only gets better as you let it marinate, cook beans separately and then add towards the end or cooking the stew, Enjoy : D

No comments:

Post a Comment