Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Abyss

Do you ever wonder why some people seem to be always moving forward, always progressing and then others you could leave for ten years and come back and they would still be in the same exact spot.  Same job, or lack there of, same mind set, same goals still not accomplished...saying the same old thing and walking the same old walk they were when you left them.

I have a word for these people...disappointed.  These are the people that had a dream, that had a chance, maybe even moved towards it and almost made it happen.  But instead of falling down and picking themselves back up, they simply stayed down, so desperate, so hopeless, so Disappointed that they could not possibly fathom starting over and instead never started again.

I have been one of these people before, and I can tell you there is nothing greater than waking yourself up out of that slumber and deciding that you aren't going to stay down, but instead you are going to FIGHT!  I am sure that you know someone who is like this, or maybe that someone is you, all I know is there is nothing worse than waking up day after day knowing that this is not the life you wanted, knowing that as each moment ticks away on that clock and as each month turns into a year that your slowly loosing all your dreams.  If there is one thing that I have learned not only from myself but from others around me that have or are choosing this path, there is nothing rewarding in the mundane, there is nothing satisfying in broken-heartedness...nothing.  If I could go back a million times and change the word I said, the action I made, the thought I had, and chosen the other way I would have.  I guess that's the funny thing about life, you can never go back in time, you can never take something back, you can never get those wasted years and say "Okay, DO-OVER".  That will never happen, you live, you learn, you make mistakes, you hurt people, people hurt you, you forgive and you move on and try not to make the same poor decision the second time.

I lead a small life, meaningful but small, and I find myself wondering how much of it really matters.  Am I making any sort of impact whatsoever, is there any kind of good coming from this life that I live, am I doing everything I can to help everyone around me.  So much of my life reminds me of something I read in a book one time or saw in a movie, when shouldn't be the other way around?   I guess I'm not really looking for an answer just sending this off into the abyss to ponder...

Farewell, until we meet again.

Candace

Spanish Rice

2 Cups Cooked brown rice
1/2-1 Cup Salsa
1 Cup Corn
1 Can Pinto beans

Mix together over stove and serve with Chicken or if you are Vegan this is filling in itself!  Enjoy :D

No comments:

Post a Comment